It is my learning process

Saturday, 11 October 2008

Ch.2 The Speed of Change (Laurie Anderson, 1991) [P.23-28]

  • P.25 In Kurt Vonnegut's latest book one of the protagonists watches a video showing the WWII backwards.......And backwards it is a vision of Utopia.....Bombs fly from the ground to the aircraft as if attracted by a magnet and then return to America. The things I am working on have got this kind of dynamic. The speed of change. In another book I have read the author claims that terrorists are the only true artists. They are the only people capable of changing anything. Interest theory.
  • I don't think that the purpose of art is to make this a nicer, more civilized world. I think the purpose of art is the free expression of the artist, whatever that might mean.

(interviewer: Tom Stromberg, New York, atutumn 1991)

No comments:

Labels

Search This Blog