- P.82 "When I make an artwork, I try to use craft as a way, hopefully, to give the viewer a sense of trust. I never want anyone to look at a painting, or to look at a sculpture, and to lose trust in it somewhere." (David Sylvester, "Jeff Koons Interviewed." Easyfun - Ethereal (exh. cat.) Deutsche Guggenheim Berlin (2000), pp. 23-24)
- P.86 Easyfun is an impenetrable (難以探測的) object that serves to unveil (揭露) the societal expectation of art. Our expectation for an underlying "meaning" of his work remains opaque (難理解的) - Koons acutely sets into motion a chain reaction of frustration. Humanise's expectation for soul, authenticity, and any other critical messages is denied. The opacity produced is a smokescreen, diverting our attention from the meaning of the object to the values and contradictions of the system in which it is produced.
Gingeras, A. (2001). "The Comeback of Sincerity: Jeff Koons 1995 - 2001" in Jeff Koons. Schneider, E., & Bregenz, K. (ed.). Bregenz: Verlag der Buchhandlung Walther Konig.
This catalogue is published on the occasion of the exhibition 'Jeff Koons' 18 July - 16 September 2001.Limited edition of 7000 copies.
No comments:
Post a Comment